Monday, June 27, 2005

Turbulant thoughts

As I sit here on this bench today wrapped in my coat and hat pulled down, my thoughts are as turbulant as the water rushing this lighthouse. I have been to a graduation yesterday. The young man that graduated is a fine strong sensible young man. One that can be depended on when you would need him. I am happy for him and yet afraid too. You see this young man is going into the service and wants to be an MP. Now this is a wonderful thing that he feels that he wants to serve his country and I am all for my country but in my heart I am worried about this young man. He is so smart and so sure of himself and I pray that he will be safe. I pray all the time for all the men/women in the service for no one can be sure what is in store for all of them. I sip my coffee here and wonder why does man want to harm another when we could all have a great life together. Learning about each other and becoming stronger in Gods ways and making satan cry. I have been around for a long time and though not married or have any children it still makes me think and worry about all these young people that are going in the service. They all have high ideals and I praise them for their patriotism. I am a patriot too. I have visions that I can't forget myself. I only wish that it wasn't necessary for people to have to defend but rather to get along and learn from each other. God bless our country, our service people and all the other countries service people that stand for freedom.

Well, I will wander down by the water as it settles me and makes me feel calm and serene. Then back home and my nightly cup of joe.  Stay safe America. Stay safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This journal of yours is awesome..and i love coming here and visiting the man with the hat on.
jo..Hannahthemaid....

Anonymous said...

As I've been reading your experiences and adventures, I am envious sometimes of the simple insight that you are able to bring to the moment. Thanks.