Sunday, June 19, 2005

FATHERS DAY

Today is Fathers Day, and I am here in the park quite alone it seems. The day is rather cool and I have worn my  coat and hat. I have brought my lunch and newspaper and some bread to feed the many birds that are in this park and that I consider my friends. I have no children and I have no wife, so for me it is just another Sunday to find something to entertain myself. I have often wondered what it would have been like had I married and had children, but it never happened. I guess I never found the right person to spend my life with. Many of the men I know are fathers and some of the stories I hear make me feel sad for them, while others make me feel envious. Some children are so thoughtful while others are horrible to their parents. Disrespectful and actually cruel. Others are loving and care for their dads and aren't afraid to show it. I am content o sit here and enjoy my paper and the birds and will have this nice lunch I have prepared and then will go for a walk by the falls that is located in this park before going home. I love the falls,I love the sound the water makes as it crashed down the rocks and the beauty as the colors shine in the sun when the light hits the water. We are fortunate to have this wonderful site in our park.  Well, I wish all the dads out there a very happy Fathers Day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I wish all the dads out there a very happy Fathers Day!!!


Thankyou.I didn't know they celebrated it in the usa on the same day as us.I know you celebrate Mothers day later than us.

Anonymous said...

Awesome is this journal of yours!
jo..Hannahthemaid....