Thursday, June 9, 2005

BIRD SCANTUARY

I have decided to take my walk down to the bird scantuary today. Seeing these beautiful creatures that God has made usually lifts my spirits and makes me realize that there is real beauty in this world. It is warm again, so I have my straw hat on and a light sweater. Look at the blue jays and cardinals there by that feeder, and the Wrens on that bush. God sure does make beautiful creatures doesn't he? There are so many flowers and bushes and they are full of all different types and sizes of birds. All singing their own songs. Melodies intwinging and mixing and yet pleasant to the ear. It is as if He is directing a symphony here. I do feel at peace here. It is so humbling to see all this natural beauty that only God can make. There isn't an artist or photographer on earth that can create these small wonderous creatures that fly from tree to tree singing their sweet melodies. A smile comes across my face as a small red winged black bird lands on the bench that I am sitting on. Look at him, no fear. He knows that no one will harm him in this his home. He is so wonderful. Standing so proud and tall, and just looking at me. I remain still as he checks me out for I don't want to scare him away. Ahh! another one is landing now. Chripping to him, and up and away they both go. Peace has filled my heart and soul. I needed this place today. I needed to feel God's presence in this world.  I have not heard about my friend yet. I am very worried/. I hope someone tells me soon how he is.  Time for me to wander back home for that cup of joe and a sandwich. Then to sit again by the phone hoping for some word about my special friend.  God, take care of him. Please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How lovely these pictures are.  This is such a nice post     I enjoyed it very much.   I hope your friend is ok.