Saturday, June 11, 2005

Naval Park walk

thought I would take a walk by the naval park today and go through all the ships that are on display there. They have a submarine and a battle ship, plus jet planes that you can see and look into. I like going down there once in awhile and remembering all the wonderful men/women that served for our freedom and for this nation. It is so warm today that I didn't have to wear anything but a baseball hat. I am not telling you my favorite team though.  I wouldn't want any mail on that.  If you look carefully you will see the lighthouse that was built in 1833 and they used to store weapons and ammo under it during the civil war. It is in such good shape and you can walk through it and see out into the lake. This area is so very beautiful with the lake and all the boats and marinas. Many people come from all over to view this Naval Park and this lighthouse. I felt like a bit of history today and that is why I am here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY NICE DISCRIPTION OF THIS PARK. THE PICTURES ARE GREAT TOO. YOU PUT SOME THOUGHT INTO THIS DIDN'T YOU.  GOOD JOB

TERRY

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your joy with me and others . I sometimes forget the beauty we have in our own back yard.
Daisy God Bless you