Wednesday, June 29, 2005

OUR TRIP WITH FRIENDS

Today put on my coat and hat because it said it would rain. I am going to the national park today with a few friends and I don't want to get caught in the rain with out some protection.  It was thundering when we arrived and we made it into the restaurant before it started to really come down hard and lightening was all around us.  I was glad to be inside and so were all my friends too. They were mumbling and grumbling but I loved the way the water was rushing over the falls as it poured and just made it look more powerful. We finished lunch and it stopped raining but the water was rushing and roaring as it cascaded over the falls in this wonderful park. There were other falls throughout the park and places that we could stop and get out and take pictures and look at all of natures beauty. I was glad that I had decided to come. I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to travel with these people and spend the whole day out in the weather. I found out that sometimes you need to be with your friends no matter what the weather. This was a good day even though it rained. It just made the natural beauty of this park more wonderful and clean looking.  Thank goodness for the gift of this magnificent park by a man that wanted it left for all to enjoy. Mr. Letchworth. He left 1000acres of land with all these great falls and trees to the state as a National Park. Thank you Mr. Letchworth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the place of which you speak, it's always been one of my favorite places to go. No matter how many times I've walked the paths and watched the water cascade over the rocks, it's power still amazes me.