Thursday, June 9, 2005

MOONLIGHT SAIL

I am down at the marina tonight watching the sailboat going out to the lake. How peaceful it looks as it slowly moves out to the lake and into the sunset. The water is so calm and all so quiet here tonight. No one is walking around on the docks and I can look out and see the lights inside of the boats of the people spending the night on their boats. I love coming here at night when it is quiet and peaceful. this is the time that you can think and be at peace with your thoughts without someone interferring and distracting you. Water seems to draw me to it and I find that I am more at peace near the water than any other place. The city is way to busy and my town can be noisey and busy too at times. I walk alot and try to find places for peaceful contemplation of my problems and solutions for them too. I guess I am just lonely tonight. I haven't seen anyone that I know today and so it has been a quiet and lonely day with just my thoughts for company. I guess it is time to go home and get some rest and maybe tomorrow will be a better day. It has started to rain and I can see lightening in the sky. Pull my collor up and put my hat on tighter and start walking for home and if I am lucky I will get there before I get soaked.  I can't wait for that fresh cup of joe. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i as well love the sea i live there by that water for a year and i am moving back there soon as i get my house done on my land i miss it terribly and like you its so peaceful there. and you write so nicely.
            denisebizkit