Saturday, June 4, 2005

Tonights thoughts

I decided to take my walk tonight down by the lake. Have you ever been there when the sail boats and cruisers come in at sunset. They are a joy to behold. The sailboats listing to the side and the sun slowly setting into the water. The lights of the marina and the boats adding to the beauty of the night. It is chilly tonight, so I have my coat buttoned and my hat pulled down so that I am warm. Quiet over takes this marina at night. A seagull sings now and again. Mamma and Pappa duck start gathering up their young ones and seeking shelter for the long night. Some of them climb aboard the swim platforms of the cruisers and settle down for the night out of the water , yet safe and comfortable for the night with their babies nestled between their parents.  Peace desends upon the marina and I can sit and think of all the things I havent time to think about during the day. My daily lunch in the park isnt the same with out my friend Joey. But every day I look for him. He knows that I will be here and I know if he needs me he will come back.  At least I hope so.  We both shared our lives over that summer and we became the best of friends.  I was very doun during that time and I have often wondered if maybe     just maybe the good Lord sent me Joey to help me and make me feel better. Just maybe Joey was an angel and when he felt I would be ok again. He went back to heaven and is watching me from up there, probably sitting on a cloud floating over me now. I look up and smile. Joey thank you for coming to me when I needed a friend the most. Making me feel like I was doing something good by helping you when in reality you were helping me. Good night Joey, it is time for me to walk home and have my cup of joe and get some rest. I will never forget you Joey for when I needed a friend just to be there and expect nothing of me , you were there with your angelic smile and young and happy laugh. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janice,
I adore this one..there is no turning back from what you have found..here of this your very man in the hat..a great, the man in the hat series..maybe a book in the makings..
jo..Hannahthemaid....