Monday, June 6, 2005

MISSING MY FRIENDS DAY

Today I went down to the beach. I had on my straw hat and no jacket, it was so warm out. There were so many families there lying on the sand and kids playing in the water and making castles . It brought back memories of days gone by when I would be there sitting in that sand and making the best castle I could. There is something about sand that kids and adults are compleled to sit down and build a castle. I smiled as I walked near the water and felt the wind whip the salt spray into my face. It was a perfect day for the beach and for strolling and enjoying the water and sunshine. I like to see all the people having such a grand time together. My wish would be for all families to be able to have this woderful time together. I have to take my hat off and wipe my brow. It is rather warm, maybe I should have brought my bathing suit along with me and went into the water . Well, it would be more fun if someone was there to share this beach with me.  So I walk along all alone, but with a smile on my face because I can still enjoy others happiness as they play with their families on this warm summer day at the beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds so inviting. Why do people feel compelled to build castles in the sand? I never really thought about that till now.