Tuesday, June 7, 2005

MY FRIEND IS VERY ILL

I just received word today that a very special friend that I think the world of is very ill. He has to go for tests and has sent me a note saying that he is so very ill that if anything happens to remember that he is one of my best friends. I am sitting in this park on this cool windy day feeling such saddness in my heart that it hurts. I can't explain the waves of pain I am feeling as I think of my dear friend and the suffering he is going through. I pull my coat tighter and my hat firmer on my head as tears of saddness roll down my face. Unashamededly I sit here letting my tears fall as my feelings come to the surface as I cry for the injustice of all this suffering that he must endure. I have often wondered why God makes the good to suffer and lets the bad have full rein over this land. I will not be at peace until I know that my friend is going to be alright and back on his feet again. People pass me by and look hurridly away as I sit here in my misery. No one stops to ask if there is anything they can do . What a sad world this has come to be. I am numb and cannot move. All my thoughts are of all the times I have spent with my special friend and all the joy we have known. In this world we are only blessed with a few good friends. Dear God, make my friend well and healthy again. I am not ready to let him go to you. As my tears fall and my shoulders shake, I say prayer after prayer for my special friend, who when I needed someone was always there for me. Let me be there for him. Time has passed and it is time to leave the park,for it is closing. I hadn't realized that I have stayed so late. The time spent thinking of my friend and I hope to learn something soon about how he is feeling and maybe if there is anything I can do to help. It has cooled down alot or is it because I feel so sad. I don't know which. Tightly i grasp my coat as I slowly leave the park and head home hopeing that their will be a message for me that all will be well again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel each sent to me emotion so written inside of here...and i am so sorry,that here you grieve.
jo..Hannahthemaid....

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a very good friend that is sick. I hope this man gets well soon and that your man in the hat finds out something soon too. Take heart and say a prayer for this sick person and so will I.