Thursday, July 14, 2005

Skylon Tower Canada

I was very lucky today because I was invited by a dear friend of mine to go with his group to the Skylon Tower in Canada for a late lunch and to view the Niagara Falls from the observation tower on top of the restaurant which is located very high in the sky. That is how it got its name.  It rotates very slowly so that all in the restaurant can see all around the city and get some magnificent views of the falls and all the other sites here in Canada.

We had a great lunch of Fillet Mignon and for dessert they gave us cheescake with strawberry sauce on it. It was unbelieveably scrumtious.  I was so full I was afraid that the elevator would fall with me on it. The elevator is located on the outside of the tower and as you asend and desend you can see all the site as well. I have never been so high up in any place before and it was very exciting to be able to ascend to such height and have lunch and take these absolutely wonderful pictures to share with all my friends. Niagara Falls is magnificent on the Canadian and American side and I have been to both and enjoyed the ride on the Maid of the Mist that you see here in the pictures also. We went on the boat and they take you right to the falls and tell you the whole history of the falls and you can hear the roar and see the tremondous power of the water as it rushed downward toward you. Needless to say, even with the raincoats on, you do get wet and I didn't mind at all because the day  was a hot one.  The captain of the boat was very knowledgeable and told all about the falls history and  stopped at both the American and Canadian Horseshoe falls. 

Afterwards we wondered around and I purchased a few things to take back for my friends and I enjoyed the day with my friend and his group he belongs too. He suggested that I join his group and go on more trips with them, and I promised to think about it.

The bus ride home was short and I decided that I wanted to go to the park as it was early yet, so I took a cup of joe with me and a few cookies and a bag of hard bread crumbs for the birds and settled down on my bench and relaxed and fed the birds. It was a great day for me and my good friend and he and I will go again to another place with his group. I just don't want to go all the time as I do like tosit in the park and watch the families and eat my lunch there too. You never know who you will meet and that is an exciting thing for me. I enjoy meeting people and talking with them. So for now, I will travel when I want to and not join the group.  They all said that I was welcomed anytime. Especially the women, there does seem to be a shortage of men in the group.  Well, as for me I am content with who and what I am and do not plan on changing anything at this stage of my life. Friends yes, I love to make them and have fun with them, but that is all I am capable of doing now.

I will have many nice memories to recall from todays trip and I am sitting here remembering all the pictures I took and can't wait until I get them back from the drugstore I am having them developed in. Can you believe that it only takes one hour now ? How amazing is that!! I will pick them up on my way home and show everyone tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job..very nice and i am so glad that he is just there of his very own place there inside of that park that he is of.
jo..Mistaculangel....

Anonymous said...

(smiling)  Where is that hat store again?  I need to get myself a hat, right away!