Saturday, July 16, 2005

Sad Day

I went to the park  today and sat on my bench and a young lady came and sat next to me and she was watching her small children at play. I had my thermos of coffee and I was drinking some and just watching all around the park. I noticed that there were two children that were not playing very nicely and the lady got up and walked over to them and started to pull them apart as they were hitting each other and screaming some very bad words at each  other. Her face was beat red and she seemed so upset and had such a hard time with these two boys that I almost got up and asked her if she wanted my help. I am glad I didn't. she had gotten them to stop and they turned their vicious mouths on her. I was shocked that two so young boys would talk the way they did to their mother. She reached out and gave them both a smack on their behinds and I couldn't believe my ears when I heard them say that they were going to call the police and tell them that she beat them.  I almost choked on my coffee.

I did get up and I walked over to the young frustrated mother who looked as if she was about to cry and told her that she did the right thing and if she needed anyone to say that she didn't hurt these two very bad boys, I would be happy to accompany her to the police station right now. I turned towards her so the boys could not see and winked at her. Her eyes smiled when she realized what I was doing and quickly agreed with me. She told the boys that we would all go to the police station and they could tell them what had happened here but that they had better be sure to mention their fighting and name calling and the names they called her also.  I just nodded my head and said that I had heard all that was said and would swear to it if need be. I told her that maybe we should stop at her house and pick up some extra clothes for the boys as the police would probably take them away and put them in a home until all of this was worked out and it was determined what happened here in the park.  The boys that at first looked so smugg now were scared when they realized that their game of insulting their mother and giving her a hard time and trying to scare her into not reprimanding them didn't work were starting to cry now.  I stooped down to there level and I told them that they were very lucky to have a mom that would take them to the park and spend time withthem and what they did and said to her was not very nice and they both should apologize to her immediately. Their little eyes full of tears  saddly apologized to their mom and I told them that if they ever called her those names again she could find me here and I would go with her to the station and they would be in big trouble.  I looked at this frazzled lady and she smiled at me. I can't understand how these children at such a young age are so disrespectful of their parents. This poor lady looked to be a decent and nice person settled with two boys full of the devil and trying to make her a slave to them by holding the system against her correcting them.  In this case, I am glad I was there. 

I know many children are abused and I would never stand for anyone abusing a child or an adult for that matter, but some of these kids now a days are using the system to scare their parents into doing anything that they want in fear of being taken to the authorities.

It is a no win situation. We need the laws to protect the abused people and children and you will always find those that will use the laws to their own advantage. I know of another case where a boy told his teacher that he was beaten by his mom and they called her in and she told him to show the principal the marks on his back that he said she gave him. He refused to do so. After waiting and asking him to show them the marks repeatedly, the boy admitted that he only said that because the mother had punished him the night before by not letting him use his play station, so he wanted to get even with her. 

Sad isn't it when the children are aware of the laws and can use them to punish good parents that are doing their best to bring them up as good citizens. 

Well, I bid the lady a good day and I headed back home to my house where I knew it would be quiet and peaceful. I decided that I had enough of the park for this day. My lovely day was almost ruined by these two children, but I am glad I was there to help this poor mom out. I don't think they will be pulling that on her again. 

Ahh the flowers are so lovely this time of year.I love walking down this lane to the street and seeingthem all in bloom. Pretty colors and slight breeze making them sway back and forth. Lovely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your entry was sent to me from BKinner.  I read this and enjoyed it and agree with you.  There is just not enough words to say that kids have no respect anymore.  Nicki

Anonymous said...

lOVE YOUR JOUNAL. EXCELLENT...!