Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My Birthday

I decided to go to the park today after all. I wasn't going to go but changed my mind. You see, today is my birthday, and I don't have anyone to celebrate it with. There will be no cake or candles to blow out or smiling faces wishing me a happy birthday. I have no family and I am quite alone.  I love to come to the park and watch the families and kids playing and imagine what it would be like to be like they are here all having fun and picnics surrounding me all over the park. I sit on this bench and wonder why I have not been able to find such happiness like all these others that are here. They laugh and run and fly kites together. They are all smiling and their are young lovers walking hand in hand and they don't even see the park . They have eyes only for each other.

I don't regret my life. I just wish that I had shared it with someone that cared for me. Someone that I could call my own and someone that loved me above all. Life is funny sometimes isn't it. Just when you start to feel all is well, you get a kick in the head and then the sadness comes in and settles in your heart.  I have to stop thinking this way. After all , it is my birthday and I am glad that I am here and that I have the chance to walk and enjoy this park with all of these people. Maybe, someday there will be someone special for me and she and I will find some of these happy things that I hear people talk about all the time.

As for now, I will be content with what blessings I do have and smile at all those that stop to say hello and good morning as they enjoy their day here in the park. It is time for my cup of joe and sandwich. I even bought myself a cupcake today. I wanted something special because you see, it is my birthday. Great sunny day. Thank you Jesus, for this beautiful birthday.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi..
And happy birthday to you my man inside of the hat..
jo..Hannahthemaid....

Anonymous said...

"You say it's your birthday. It's my birthday too, yeah. They say it's your birthday. We're gonna have a good time. I'm glad it's your birthday. Happy birthday to you.
Yes, we're going to a party party. I would like you to dance, Birthday, Take a cha-cha-cha-chance, Birthday. Happy birthday to you!" Beatles~

Peace & Blessings to you! "Bella."

Anonymous said...

nice write Janice    happy birthday?? to the man in the hat  

Anonymous said...

 I JUST LOVED YOUR STORY. IT MAKES YOUO STOP AND THINK OF OTHERS WHO HAVE NO ONE.  IT MAKES ME APPERCIATE THE PEOLE I HAVE THAT I TAKE FOR GRANTED.

Anonymous said...

Great Story Janice.And happy Birthday to the Man in the Hat.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday you should have many more GOD BLESS and best wishes
Love Jimbo

Anonymous said...

Great writing. I enjoyed reading this very much. I look forward to more.