Friday, September 30, 2005

truthfulness or lies??????

As I sit here on my favorite bench in the park I have been thinking about something that I witnessed the other day.  A good friend of mine, that I think the world of was slighted by an unfeeling and uncaring person  and a group of people that could care less about anyone but themselves.

I happened to be in a position to say how I felt about these unfortunate and misleading words uttered by someone that hadn't a clue what my friend had done for two  years for her and all within her circle and his.  I simply stated the true facts and was castigated for what I said in complete innocence. People I have found don't like being told the truth when it involves some selfishness they know is theirs.  Don't people realize that before they put their mouths into gear, they should engage the brain and check things out before making statements that are not true?

Well, I am glad I stuck up for my friend and I really don't care what others feel about what I said or did. If this person would have been their friend would they have stuck up for him? I wonder.  I am not one to sit on my hands and watch someone belittle or demean another ever. It is not in my nature to do so. 

I stated the facts and did so as nicely as I could but still it was taken as a threat instead of simply facts. I threaten no one. That is not what I am about. I am simply one the will stick up for a friend if he or she is right and I feel needs my backing .

I hope someday if I ever need a good friend that there will be one there for me too. I don't take friendship lightly and when You are my friend you are a friend for life. The only time the friendship would end is if you walk away from it , not me. I cherish my friends. 

It seems to be getting chilly now as the days get shorter and the leaves are starting to turn. The flowers are still blooming but soon the frost will take them away for another year and the rustic colors of fall will desend upon us and fill each and everyone of us with awe as we see the many different shades and colors as we walk in this great park.

 

Timeto go home for it is getting cold and I only have a light jacket and my hat on today.  I can picture my nice lounge chair and cup of joe waiting for me. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Janice.  It isn't always easy being a friend or being the bearer of truth -- good for you for keeping to what your heart owns as true.  Faerie

Anonymous said...

Another Great Entry.It sounds true in respect of the people who care less about anyone except theirselves.

Anonymous said...

I know how things go that way. That has happened to me. I'm wondering will you still be friends or that person will say bye. It's not worth fighting over. My friend I still write to but, she wants to talk to my sister now. Never said anything wrong to her since I saw her on the internet and said why not. She was my childhood friend.
She would play with my sister and ignor me then, when my sister came out. Now it's starting up again. Now my sister doesn't want to bother with her. Life is strange ain't it de truth!!!!!!!!! Go a Great Journal!

                                                Your fellow Journalist,

                                                 Marsha

Anonymous said...

This is just an amazing journal~ I truly love to sit and read it... Thank you for this gift! Your friend always, Bella~

http://journals.aol.com/autumnrain1268/outsidetherain

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your positive feedback on my entry in this journal.  How many true friends co we all have?  I wonder. If times got tough who would walk away and who would stay. I would stay. That is me.