Thursday, September 1, 2005

Thoughts of saddness for the victums of Hurricane

I have been sitting on this bench today and eating my lunch and watching all the people having such a good time in the park, but I am so sad today and I have put on my heavier coat and warmer hat as it has turned cooler the last few days.

There was a terrible hurricane that hit in the US today and thousands of people are homeless and have no food or water and no place to stay. Everyone is trying to help them and this tragidy always brings out the best in most of the people. They help one another.

Then there are the ones that take advantage of the situation and loot and steal from the stores and peoples homes that are abandoned. How do people do these things? I will never understand. They have had to pull policemen away from helping people to stop all the looting in the city and in the stadium there is fighting and stealing going on. It seems that nowhere is safe for anyone. How sad that is to hear and see.

It isn't bad enough that the innocent people are homeless and hungry and thirsty, but they have to contend with the ones that are acting like criminals and instead of helping they are making things worse for all of them. The ones that are there to help can't because they have to prevent the bad ones from stealing and hurting others.

What a sad situation. How disparaging to see on the news and hear all that is going on there. Why hasn't the national guard been called in to help these people and why isnt the president talking about helping them? Is he still on vacation? Dosen't he watch tv? Can't he see he has to do something here for these people?

Well, so many questions and no answers. I am going to go back home and turn my tv on and say a prayer for all of the people down there. My cup of joe is waiting for me.  My heart goes out to these people and all my prayers too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I regret the situation in New Orleans. I respect your feelings for them.
Anto

Anonymous said...

I agree with you there it was a terrible Tragedy