Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sad days for all people

Today as I sit in the park I am thinking of all the recent tradgies that have befallen the people of this world. In the United States, that hurricane that killed so many and wiped out the city of New Orleans. How horrible to listen to all the news and see all these poor people that are suffering because of the storm. It seemed that the whole emergency systems failed when they were needed the most and many people died because of this lack of help.

Then there is the trouble in Ireland. That was a sad thing to hear on the  news also. It is hard for us in the United States to understand why these things happen over there because we have freedom of religion and we don't hold anyones religion against them. I have a hard time understanding the logic in what is happining over there now. I have always tried to treat all as I would like to be treated and it hurts me to see that people can be so callous to other human beings simply because they choose to worship God in their own way. 

How many people are suffering because the gas prices are so high and they can't afford to pay these prices. Many people work two jobs just to get by and this unnecessary hike in gas prices makes it that much harder on these people to get to and from their work. I feel bad for them, because they are trying to make a living and are working hard and don't need this extra expense to contend with.  They showed a young man that is working two jobs and and all he could put in his gas tank was $1.50 in gas. That certainly won't last him very long.

I know the government can do something about this price raising every day for gas. Why, my friend told me the other day that as he was putting gas in his car they were raising the prices 30 cents more. He asked them in the store if he had to pay  that price because he had his gas in before they raised the prices. He was told that this one time he could pay the lower price. Something has to be done. Someone has to step up to this problem and start making the necessary changes to bring these prices down so that all americans can afford to go to work and make a living.

Too many sad things to think about today. I have lost my appetite for the sandwich I have broughtwith me and I think it is getting cooler now. time for me to go home and get my cup of joe and turn on the tv and pray that something is being done for all of these problems.

All those beautiful trees are just starting to change their colors. One by one they are becoming a multitude of colors. like rainbows . So beautiful this park is during all the different seasons. I thank God I can come here every day and see His magnificent work of art. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for God and  his "magnificent works of art", huh, J?

Anonymous said...

Yes Tracy, Thank God there is a God. For what would there be without Him?

Anonymous said...

So many tragdies and instead of blaming anyone, why dont people concentrate on helping people.

Anonymous said...

It seemed that the whole emergency systems failed when they were needed the most and many people died because of this lack of help.

Thats usually the case.They are never on the scene when you want em.

Then there is the trouble in Ireland.

There'll always be trouble in Ireland which is a shame.And the IRA occasionally come over here and start on us.