Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Time

 

 

 

It is almost Christmas time and we have had our first snowfall that has amounted to anything. I decided to walk through the park early this morning because I enjoy looking at the pine trees with their blankets of white decorating them and the icicles look like shinning lights on the trees as the morning sun reflects off of them.  The snow is a blanket that covers the entire park. No footprints yet, no children playing and building snowmen as the laugh and run around.  Just the quiet solitude I love in the morning.

I sit on the park bench with the blanket I have brought and I am thinking of all the soldiers that are away from home this holiday.  It is a sad day for them because they can't be with their families and they miss Christmas with all its trimmings.  I know they have their fellow commardes with them but it isn't the same as holding your loved ones and wishing them a "Merry Christmas".  There is no church for them to celebrate the birth of Christ and sing to his glory, but they will have a chaplain to say words of Christmas joy and maybe they will gather together and sing a few carols to brighten their day.  I really hope that they do. 

The wind is picking up and my winter coat just doesn't seem to be warm enough today, I am glad that I have put on my winter hat and gloves too.  The sun has come up and people are starting to enter the park with their dogs and some with their children to spend some time as I am just enjoying this first snowfall and the crisp fragrance of the new season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first snowfall is so great!

Anonymous said...

I agree the snowfall in Md was very nice too, but as you said, too many are away from home please keep them in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the first snowfall is so beautiful! I love it! Still I wish we had peace in the world and everyone could enjoy life and the holidays all together!

Love,

Marsha