Tuesday, March 28, 2006

General Thoughts of What is Going on in the World

I have been missing my walks in the park, so seeing that today was a nice brisk 45 degrees I decided to put on my winter coat and warm hat and take a stroll down to the park and see how it looks now that spring is here.

I found my old bench and sat down. Today I had brought a nice thermos of hot cocoa and it was nice to be able to sip on it as I sat and thought of all that had happened during the long winter months. 

My friends young son had joined the army right after graduation from high school and went through basic training and graduated as an MP in the army.  He sure looked wonderful in his dress uniform. What a wonderful young man he has grown up to be.  Lately he sent his mom a picture of his superior officers pinning his pins on for the promotion that he had earned.  They have stationed him in Korea and he is able to write her and she tells me all the news.  

Every day I call her to make sure that all is well with her son and that he is doing good at his new job.   How wonderful to see how proud he looks and how proud he is to serve his country.  Of course, as all friends and parents, we worry for all the boys and men and women serving in foreign countries.

I pray for them all every night and weep when I see them come home in caskets draped with our flag. those are the sad days for America. So many caskets coming home. Not only to America but to the other countries that are in foreign countries too. 

I sit and think of all the years I  have lived and all the things I have been through, but I can't even imagine what a dad, mom, grandparents must feel when they see their offspring walking away from them to board a plane to an unknown place. It must be devastating to have to give that last hug and kiss before letting them go.  Trusting in their commanders and team to take care of each other. 

Well, my cocoa is gone, and it has turned a little colder out here in the park, Time for me to head back to my home and I can picture that hot cup of joe waiting for me.  But as I walk, I say a prayer for all the troops from all the countries that are in harms way.  I wish I could ask all the people in the world to do the same thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Entry.Hope you enjoyed your walk in the park.It's always lovely at this time of year when the flowers are just blooming.Another few weeks and the trees will be green again.

Anonymous said...

Blood And Evil
   By Bob Fox

The blood of my brothers,
flows through my heart
With sad recognition,
of a world torn apart

The Lion, the lamb;
The keft or the Right
Have fostered thier justice,
for dark is our plight

And those without care,
these humans we breed
Shall gather at burials,
praising their seed

Then back to their lives
Their person of pride
Denying thier brothers,
evil verified

Anonymous said...

Bob, thank you for reading and commenting on my journal.  I love this country and I would stand for it any day, as many are doing now in my place.  I pray for all the soldiers in harms way, and hope that they come home soon. It seems that men never learn from past experiences. Hopefully, one day, we all can live as brothers and sisters and enjoy all of God's blessings together.