Sunday, August 7, 2005

Saddness of losing a freind

I am wondering about my friend today as I sit on this bench in the park. It is a sunny and warm day, but I feel a light chill and I am wearing my sweater and summer hat. Maybe it is because a friend of mine is so sad today. You see, she went to a funeral of a great friend of hers and it made her feel so unhappy. She didn't even know that this friend was ill, because she hadn't spoken to her in awhile. Oh. we all do that don't we when we think of our friends. There is always tomorrow to talk to them. We have too much too do and too many problems in our own lives to think of phoning a friend and simply saying hello and how are you doing? I find myself doing that too and have lost quite a few friends in my life time before I had a chance to say hi and how are you doing.We all don't realize that life is short and it only takes a minute to say hello and talk to a friend. A day to spend with them and renew that friendship. And forever than to remember all the good times you have spent together. Sad that in this world we are all in so much of a hurry that we forget the important things in life and they are our Lord and our family and our friends.

I sit here and remember alot of good and some sad days from the past as I have my lunch in this beautiful park that is overflowing with families and flowers and acres of flowing grass. This is a sad day  and I will go and see my lady friend and talk with her for a while, and if she will, I will ask her to come out with me for dinner tonight so that maybe I can cheer her up.

She is expecting me this afternoon sometime, so I will go home now and get ready and take a walk down the street to her home and spend the day with my friend. I hope all of you do this once in awhile from now on. Take the time to remember your family and friends, because all to soon they are gone and you are left with quilt that you didn't spend any quality time with them.

This is such a wonderous park and I am so lucky to be able to come here whenever I feel like it. I have met many friends here and I see them often as they wander through this park on their daily walks. It is wonderful to hear the childrens laughter and see the happy smiles on their faces as they play and tumble on the grass. I have to smile myself as I gaze at them and remember days gone by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful write, Man in the Hat.  Wonderful advice, as well.  Thank you for sharing both.  Faerie  I shall say a prayer for your friend.  

Anonymous said...

Sad that a death makes u wake up and realize that we should see our famlies and friends more doesnt it. Then we will all run and do just that, but soon enough we will go back to the old ways and then when something happens again, we are shocked into reality again. Life is short. Don't forget your family and friends.

Jenny